Today after work I put a spare fuel bottle on the bikes and filled the carbs for the first time since they were rebuilt. Plugged it all back in and fired it up.
After a quick vacuum balance with my DIY manometer the thing was running pretty good. I still have a bit of a idle down lag at 3K rpm’s but it’s a whole lot better than when I got the bike (or before I vacuum balanced the carbs).
I’m still working on getting the tank and fenders completed, but as it stands now, with the temporary fuel bottle hooked up, I can actually ride the thing around and get an idea as to it’s overall performance.